As President Trump and state governors all over the United States declare states of emergency, professional and college sports postpone their seasons, and event organizers cancel their big plans, the latest instruction from health professionals is to stay at home as much as possible to avoid transmitting coronavirus. The fewer the people interacting in public, the less likely COVID-19 will keep spreading across the country as rapidly as it’s expected to.
Coronavirus Prevention: Social Distancing
Social distancing includes avoiding physical contact with other people and staying at least three feet away from sick people at all times—but farther away is even better. Things like hugs, high-fives, and hand-shakes obviously are big no-nos, even with people who appear completely healthy. That’s because it’s possible to spread the virus even if you aren’t showing symptoms, or some people could be sick, but not realize they have coronavirus.
If you’re used to spending time out on the town with friends, hanging out with your extended family, or traveling to new places, social distancing and being at home might feel impossible or depressing. Luckily, it’s 2020, and there’s plenty you can do to help make your isolation more bearable—and dare we say fun.
COVID-19 Quarantine Activities
1. Download a new app for your smartphone, like a highly-rated game. Play it, and leave it a review.
2. Binge-watch a new show on Netflix or Hulu. Resist the urge to re-watch your favorite 90s sitcom. We know, that’s hard.
3. Treat yourself to an at-home spa day, complete with a hydrating facial, manicure, and pedicure. Or, drop a bath bomb into the tub and enjoy a relaxing bath.
4. Bake chocolate chip cookies (or whatever other flavor you prefer). They’re delicious, and they make your house smell nice.
5. Try your hand at a new hands-on hobby, like embroidery, origami, wood-burning, or painting. Post pictures of the finished product on your social media.
6. Do a jigsaw puzzle. Time yourself to see how long it takes you to complete it. Try to beat your time on a second puzzle of a similar size.
7. Build a blanket fort in your living room and cozy into it with a good book or your favorite movie.
8. Complete the USA Today Daily Crossword online or in your copy of the newspaper.
9. Spring clean your whole home. Bonus: you’ll also be disinfecting it in the process!
10. Make a vision board of your goals for the remainder of the year.
11. Play video games. Get social with massive multi-player online games. Characters high-fiving in video games is totally safe.
12. “Shop” your closet and put together outfits you’ve never thought of before. Plan to wear your new favorite combination the next time you get to leave your house.
13. Teach your pet a new trick. If you don’t have a pet, look through online listings of pets for adoption and decide what you’d name them if they were yours.
14. Search for and bookmark new exercise ideas for your next workout. If you’re feeling well, give a few a try!
How to Order an Emergency Food Kit
We’ve put together three huge care package options you can send to a loved one—or keep for yourself—because we care deeply about our country and community. Let us help you make sure the most important people in your life stay in and stay safe during the coronavirus pandemic.
Visit our online store at www.thecarecrateco.com to get a kit, shipped for free to you, your friend, or your family member. With three options to choose from, you’re sure to find the best emergency food kit or health kit for your needs.