Help Your Loved Ones Take Good Care of Themselves with Our Special Care Packages
New parents. Someone recovering from a surgery or illness. A friend who recently lost their job. A grieving neighbor. A loved one, just because. These are all people who need to take time out of their schedule to practice self care. And they’re also all perfect recipients of our one of our relaxation-focused gift sets.
Not only can you make it easier for them to enjoy some self-care, but you can also pass along some of these great ideas, too, to give them the inspiration they need to take time for themselves.
Self Care Ideas
- Take a yoga or meditation class at the local community center, wellness club, or gym.
- Enjoy a quiet sauna or steam room session.
- Take a long shower or bath, using your favorite and best soaps, scrubs, conditioners, and shampoos.
- Opt for healthier snacks and more nutritious meals; pack your lunch rather than buying fast food.
- Snag an adult coloring book and colored pencils, and spend an hour coloring in mandalas, nature scenes, flowers, and more.
- Take a walk around your neighborhood, or head to the local state park to go on a hike. (Wear sunscreen!)
- Stick to your sleep schedule. Got to bed on time, around the same time every night, so you’ll feel well-rested throughout the week.
- Drop your kids off at a COVID-safe relative’s house or friend’s house, so you can have an afternoon to yourself to do whatever you want. (Make it something fun.)
- Clean your bedroom. It’s always the one room that gets neglected out of the whole house, and a messy room can affect your sleep!
- Head to the salon for a cut and blowdry.
- Read a book or magazine with a cup of coffee or tea.
- Drink lots of water. Shoot for 64 ounces per day. Consider buying a nice water bottle to help you keep track.
- Cut the lights and watch your favorite movie.
- Try your hand at aromatherapy, using your own collection of essential oils, or pre-blended lotions.
- Take your lunch break outside, picnic-style.
- Write a letter to a loved one.
- Close your kitchen one evening and order a pizza for dinner.
- Partake in a new hobby, like pyrography, embroidery, painting, knitting, tying fishing lures, and more.
- Lock your smartphone in a drawer for an afternoon and enjoy the freedom!
- Hug your cat or dog.
- Take an hour out of your day and visit a sensory deprivation chamber, where the darkness and silence will bring you peace.
How Do You Practice Self Care?
Although we think our self care ideas are great, we’re betting you can come up with some awesome ones, too! Show us by posting a photo of your favorite self-care activity on your Instagram and tagging @TheCareCrateCo in your post!
And don’t forget: our care packages and snack boxes are always available when you need a gift for someone who needs a little R&R and time for themselves. We have one for everyone on your list, so you can get your shopping done all in one place and have plenty of time leftover for some self care of your own.